Sunday 28 June 2015

Apollo Junction - Blood on Hands



So, for my final SuperSundayBlog outing, I wanted to bring you one last post, and believe it or not, we're staying in Leeds. Leeds, we are still in you. Still in you we are, Leeds.

This is the first time I've featured my next bad though, and I'm really happy to be doing so. I'd like to introduce you to Apollo Junction, who have really sweetly sent me their brand new EP to take a look at/listen to.

As always, I'd like to share with you all the necessaries before we begin.

Here's their twitter feed:

twitter.com/ApolloJunction

Here's their Facebookz:

facebook.com/ApolloJunction

Here's their website:

apollojunction.com/



And here, above *points* ^^ you'll find a link to watch the video for the quite motherfudging brilliant title track from the EP, "Blood on Hands".

I love this and to be honest, it was totally not what I was expecting to hear, so it's always nice to be a bit blindsided - especially when it has such a brilliant opening riff. I defy you not to want to rock out to it when you hear it.

What's surprising about the band is how much variety they cram into their tracks, without it sounding overdone or too much of a clash. There are some obvious rock out moments like the brilliant opening riff - but they also manage to combine this with some great tinges or electronica too, which stop them sounding like they're just treading one solitary path, second track "Woke Up" is a prime example of this. The tracks are topped off with really great, powerful vocals from lead singer Jamie, who sings like he bloody well means it...

So, another great EP for your summer playlists and out very soon, get some Apollo Junction on your gramaphones, people. Its what they were designed for.




No comments:

Post a Comment