Sunday 26 October 2014

Co-Pilgrim - Plumes

Co-pilgrim - Plumes

A second post for Blog Super Sunday and I'm back with something else to tickle your aural muscles and give you something to smile about.

What can I offer you? Well, I can offer you this, gentle, lovely readers (at least one of you must be gentle and lovely...admit it, go on...). The new album by Co-Pilgrim, called "Plumes" - and more specifically the new single to be taken from it, a wonderful track called "Pushover".

Of course I know by now you're all dying to hear it - so without further ado, here's a link to the video, so you can see/hear:


The first thing that struck me, apart from the lovely guitar sounds, were the harmonies. Such really clear, pitch perfect harmonies. I'm a bit of a sucker for anything like that and this track has them in abundance - it's a sort of Simon and Garfunkel-y/Alt-Country-y tinged wonderfulness that makes you feel a little bit like you're being hugged by a wall of comforting voices. 

Co-Pilgrim are another act that are new to thegeneral's radar, but a very welcome one - especially given my fondness for lo-fi, maudlin tunesmithery with wonderfully morose and sepia tinged lyrics. "Plumes" is a pretty excellent album which, given how much I've fallen in love with "Pushover" was a given. So, I urge you to give Mike Gale and friends (for it is they who make up this super act) a go...

You can check out the band's site here:


And you can make your purchase of the new album from here:


Do it. That's all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment