Sunday 5 October 2014

The Everglows - Sugary Sun

Sugary Sun cover art

Hello and Happy Weekend you big bunch of deviants. It's Sunday. A time for quiet contemplative reflection, tea, toast and Songs of Praise. If you're like, a total square and stuff. If you're me, you're probably rocking silently back and forth, ruing all your missed chances in life and wondering whether you'll ever be a contender. Charley.

Sometimes what you need to get you out of your stupor is a kick arse tune and I actually think I have it for you today.

Please behold The Everglows, go to their bandcamp page and listen to their latest track "Sugary Sun"

theeverglows.bandcamp.com/

Oh you know what, I absolutely love this. It's got a brilliant sixties vibe to it. Hush hush a moment, I'm about to utter something that might be a bit of an anathema to you. EARLY STATUS QUO. Yes. This reminds me of early Status Quo, when they were massively brilliant. Before they became laminated to their three power chord sheet.

I love the opening riff. I love the slightly distorted, muted vocal. I love the dissonance in it. It really does have a wonderful psychedelic, trippy feel to it. The more you play it, the more far out you feel. I think this could actually be one of my contenders for "track of the year", in all honesty. Something about it has really grabbed me by the loon pants.

So. I'm actually heartily pleading with you all to give this excellent band your support, go to their bandcamp page and buy their track. I'm genuinely excited by it, and really can't wait to see what they might come up with next...(that's an order, gents...don't let me down...)


No comments:

Post a Comment