Saturday 20 December 2014

Bethany Weimers - Winter Heart

Winter Heart (Single) cover art

Hello once more dear friends. Actually, I haven't got any friends, I live in a world of strangers. Go me. It's quite nice though. I talk to myself and sometimes I even make sense. Anyway, random ramblings aside, I've another new act to introduce to you and also to the blog - Bethany Weimers.

Bethany's new single "Winter Heart" was released on 1st December and it follows on from her critically acclaimed debut album "Harpsichord Row", which came out in 2012. This, however, is thegeneral's first introduction to her music and I'm really pleased to be featuring it on these pages today as it's just lovely.

As always, here is all you need - go to Bethany's bandcamp page to have a listen to the new single and also, if you so desire, her last album:

bethanyweimers.bandcamp.com/

Here is also a wonderful link to the video which accompanies the song:


This is perfect for those who like really elegant, delicately crafted songs, with a feeling of vulnerability and fragility to them. It's very moving to listen to and the video is just beautiful. To make comparisons always, to me, seems very unfair to artists who are trying to make their way and be unique - but that said, if you're a fan of someone like Kate Bush, it's highly likely you'll love Bethany's music. There is more of a folky feel to Bethany's style, however - and "Winter Heart" is a lovely song to accompany the dark evenings.

The bandcamp page also features a remix of the song, by one of my favourite favourite acts of the year, Flights of Helios, who I've rattled on about quite a lot.

So, for something heartbreakingly beautiful and moving to listen to, give Bethany Weimers' new single a listen, and give her your support this season of goodwill.

No comments:

Post a Comment