Sunday 7 December 2014

The Everglows - Walking In The Air

Walking In Air cover art

Hello, good evening and welcome. Or if you're reading this in the morning, go away. I don't do mornings.

Normally, when it comes to the festive season I'm about as happy as a Misanthrope visiting the University of Happy People (Grinning Idiot Campus), the day they dish out the uppers. This year I'm making more of an effort. I've wrapped tinsel round my...actually, I won't tell you where. I'll leave you guessing.

But today, I'm breaking with my grinchyness to bring you a lovely bit of festive rock and roll joy. One of the best singles I hear all summer was The Everglow's last release "Sugary Sun". For those that missed it - SHAME ON YOU, but here is the link to my post so you can read and buy: HERE.

The guys got in touch with me late last week to ask if I'd be willing to cover their new gramaphone recording, and reader I am more than happy to oblige. First of all, the necessaries, hoik your tinselly gussets over to bandcamp to have a listen:

theeverglows.bandcamp.com/

Yes. Yes, you're hearing right. It's a cover of "Walking In The Air". And isn't it jolly bloody most brilliant? Aled Jones, eat your little undropped plums out (there's an image you never thought you'd have...)

I love this. I love it's moddy-psychedelic tinged hipness. You could almost believe it was a brand new track they'd written themselves. But most of all, it's a perfect antidote to those of us who are sick of the usual festive songs doing the rounds (you KNOW the ones I mean...). It's a belter of a cover and it's well worth adding to your festive playlist.

So go on, do your festive bit and get the track. Every time you download this track, it stops you from buying the Band Aid single. Please, everyone, buy this instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment