Sunday 7 December 2014

Whitemoor - The North Wind

The North Wind - Single, Whitemoor

Well, here I am with a second post to whet your musical whistles on this grey and dreary day. We all need some musical sustenance on days like this.

What can I offer you? I can offer you another band that I've happily featured on these pages before and am equally happy to be featuring again.

Step forward Whitemoor. If you like, you can read my previous post on them HERE and I highly recommend you do.

Now then, they have a new single, due for release on the 13th December, and it's called "The North Wind". It will be available for download from their site:

http://www.whitemoor.co.uk/

and you'll also be able to preview it from here:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/the-north-wind-single/id941279875

I've been lucky enough to have a sneak peak of the single and I can say that it's very very well worth a listen and, when the time comes, a download.

"The North Wind" is a stunning track, it's very stripped back and the band are, for want of a better phrase, laid bare for the first time. It's a step in a different direction for the band, after their last album and is more ballad-like. It allows the strength of their lyrics to shine through and also shows that they're a group of great depth. The video, which accompanies the single (and I'll update the page with this when the time comes for it to be released officially) is wonderful in its simplicity and it marries with the song very well indeed.

If you're after something gently lulling and emotional to listen to as we head into December, then look no further than this wonderful record. I hope that the band allow this side of their musical personality to come through more in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment