Friday 14 February 2014

Ninetails - Radiant Hex

Ninetails - Radiant Hex

It's been too long since I last wrote, dear readers. Too long. Life has been a maelstrom of weird shit just recently. So here we are on Friday night, with nothing to do and nowhere to go, so we might as well have some fantastic music to listen to, mightn't we? Or is that just me? Yeah. Thought so.

What can I offer you? I can offer you Ninetails. That's what.

I absolutely adore these guys. In fact I adore them so much I wrote about them way back in June 2012. You can, if you like, read that post here. They're a band that have been off my radar for too long, and I was massively delighted when they announced that they were going to be releasing a new EP at the start of this year, cos I was about to like, send out a search party and stuff, to see if they'd got lost on the way back from their last gig.

First of all, take yourselves over to their soundcloud page and have a listen to Radiant Hex, which is one of the preview tracks taken from the new EP:

soundcloud.com/ninetailsband/ninetails-radiant-hex

Anyone who loved their last release "Slept and Did Not Sleep" will find this is equally as beautiful and captivating. See here: Superstar Destroyer Records. It's kind of in the same vein, but shows how the band are developing their style and are unafraid to experiment and play with soundscapes. Radiant Hex is beguiling. It's full of suspense and has some real moments of stillness in it, combined with distorted, echoy, guitars and a gentle, lulling vocal that evokes a nicely trippy feeling. It's slightly ambient, a bit chilled out and feels like nothing else I've heard in a long time. It's quite a departure from their earlier sounds, which were much more guitar driven (though incredibly beautiful - Ghost Ride The Whip is still one of my favourite EPs of recent years)

The rest of the EP is to follow shortly and I'll update the blog as and when to remind you all to buy it and support this fantastic band from Liverpool. In the meantime, fill your boots with this amazing preview track and get to know one of the brightest groups to emerge from the northwest in recent years.


No comments:

Post a Comment