Friday 5 September 2014

BLOGUPDATE: Cross Wires - Vultures. NEW EP: Your History Defaced.

Vultures

Friday, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height of a bottle of Gordon's Gin. Yais.

Welcome to the weekend and something to shuttle you headfirst into the evening as if you'd been shot from a cannon in a string vest.

Way back in May I featured the quite frankly delicious Cross Wires and their last EP, "Assembly". You can, if you wish, go and read that review here. I hope you do, because you'll get an absolutely brilliant taste of this fantastic band.

Last week, the guys asked me if I'd take a listen to a new track from their next, as yet untitled EP which is due out in the Autumn. I gladly agreed and think you should all do the same - here it is:

Cross Wires - Vultures

In my last post about the group I very slightly moaned about the lack of really good, honest genuine modern punk bands around today and the fact that Cross Wires really seem to be a cut above and something so genuinely sparky and full of energy you can't help but be moved along by them. This new song is no exception. There is something nicely Clash-esque about it, and a brilliant rough-round-the-edges-slightly-scuzzy feel to it that gives the song a great rawness and depth. It's shouty, pouty and fighty and I really love it. This is a song that really bodes well for the rest of the EP and I'm properly looking forward to reviewing it when it comes out in the next few weeks.

If you haven't added "Assembly" to your collection - in the meantime, while you're waiting for this...do it. That's an order. Otherwise I'll come round to your house with a safety pin and attach your epiglottis to the ceiling.

QUICK BLOG UPDATE. Cross Wires have now released the EP that "Vultures" is taken from. "Your History Defaced" came out on 8th September and you can buy it via this link here. If you don't. There will be trouble.

crosswires.bandcamp.com/album/your-history-defaced


No comments:

Post a Comment