Sunday 15 February 2015

Craig Lawlor - If You Knew

If You Knew - Single, Craig Lawlor

Howdy. It's Sunday afternoon, a time for quiet contemplation, cups of tea and Songs of Praise at 5.00pm. Before we reach this orgasmic pinnacle, I've just got time to bring you some brilliant brand new music from an act I've never featured before on these pages, but one I hope will now be a regular fixture.

Craig Lawlor, hails, like me, from Lancashire, and he really kindly emailed me his new single "If You Knew" last week and I'm so pleased to be bringing it to you today.

First of all, you'll need to know where to listen/buy it from - so here you go:

itunes.apple.com/gb/album/if-you-knew/id956169359?i=956169391

and you can also watch the video for the song here:


...and I highly recommend you do both. This is a wonderful single with a fantastic vibe to it. Brilliant guitars with a great drive to them and a slightly off kilter, distorted vocal which gives the song a slightly psychedelic feel in places. It's a nicely paced number too, it never loses its way and since I've been playing it, I've found it's got stuck in my head (which is always the sign of a great song, if you ask me)

Craig is an immensely talented musician and the video to go with the song is just lovely - nicely muted and sepia tinged. It supports the song really well and shows off Craig's cheekbones quite nicely too.

So all in all, this is a great number, perfect for a Sunday afternoon and I for one, really hope to hear more from Craig really soon. MORE PLEASE CRAIG.



No comments:

Post a Comment