Thursday 30 April 2015

Thomas Truax - I've Got To Know



Well, I'm back. In a manner of speaking - sort of. It's true that life has been, of late, a tiny bit of a breadless shit sandwich and so for now I'll be half-blogging as oppose to full-blogging. But thegeneral won't be disappearing totally, so don't fret.

Until I'm feeling better and have more time, I've enlisted the help of someone very very special to me to help me write up my features and so on and so forth. Today I'd like to introduce you to theexistentialist - who has pulled out all the stops to bring you two blog posts on this very day. I hope you'll give him a warm welcome to these pages and make him feel at home (to get in his good books, make him a cup of tea, medium to strong, soy milk, no sugar).

For theexistentialist's first post he's put together something rather fabulous on an act I've featured a few times already on these pages, the one and only Thomas Truax...

***

Thomas Truax - I've Got To Know

thegeneral has featured the quite utterly wonderful Thomas Truax a few times on this blog already. In fact, it was through this blog that I became acquainted with his quite frankly madcap and insane world. 

Actually, thegeneral was lucky enough to get an interview with Thomas, himself, last Halloween for the Feelin’ Bad for Dracula single:


(I’m well jealous – thegeneral is a lucky girl) (**thegeneral comments "yes, yes she is")

So, for the latest offering from Thomas Truax, we have the video for I've Got To Know from the fantastic must-buy album Jetstream Sunset.



Jetstream Sunset is an  amazing new collection of songs from Thomas Truax, released earlier this month, so get over to BandCamp (at the above link), and buy it. Two of the highlights are the aforementioned Feelin’ Bad for Dracula and I've Got To Know. 

The video to I've Got To Know is wonderful because it takes us inside Thomas’ world. We get to see all (or quite a lot) of his weird home-made instruments. Thomas’ world is bizarre and surreal and slightly post-apocalyptic, since his landscape seems to be a place where normal instruments have disappeared, and have been replaced by newly created machines that provide the soundtrack to his visions.

This track is really very good, indeed as is the rest of the album. Thomas is the creator of quite possibly the best music being made at the moment*

***

*thegeneral heartily concurs with this statement




Massive thanks to theexistentialist for his first post on the blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment