Tuesday 15 December 2015

The Everglows - Feet Walking

Feetwalking cover art

Good afternoon. Yes, it has been another month since thegeneral last graced your presence, and for that I am once again, truly sorry. Life really is what happens when you're making other plans. However, I am back for the first of two lightning strike entries (ooh er missus) today, which I hope you'll really love as much as I do.

Now then, up first are a band that I've championed for a long time on these pages and it really feels fitting I should be making a comeback by writing about them. It's a hearty welcome back to my lovely friends The Everglows and their excellent new track "Feet Walking".

Firstly, if you'd like to take a look at my previous posts on them, you can read on here. There are quite a few, but I make no apologies for that, as these guys are really worth writing about (and listening to).

So, here are the links to the places you can listen to and purchase their new single from:

theeverglows.bandcamp.com/

and

soundcloud.com/theeverglows/feet-walking

I highly recommend that you do.

Released in time for Christmas, this is just what I needed to hear at this stage in the year. It's actually really fresh, jingly and upbeat - the guitars are fantastic and as always, it's got that brilliantly 60s psychedelic vocal, slightly off kilter and uber cool. I kept thinking about the Happy Mondays when singer Andy Smith yelled "Hallelujah" half way through...nothing wrong with that, at all.

All the tracks these guys release seem to be instantly memorable - you only need one listen to get them stuck in your head -  to my mind that's one of the hallmarks of great music. This one is no exception. Utterly brilliant in it's composition and recording.

If you're jaded with festive music already and want something with a fresher edge to take you into the new year, I highly recommend making this single one that you purchase in the coming days. I love these chaps a lot - and I am really looking forward to hearing more from them in 2016. You should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment