Sunday 2 November 2014

Heart Shakes - Heart Shakes EP

Heart Shakes cover art

Hello and welcome to Sunday. It's nearly the end of the weekend. Yes. I know you're really glad I've reminded you of that. I'll be expecting the rocks through my window about now. Anyway, weekends are for wimps. I've just worked all the way through mine, but am taking a little break to bring you a little bit of musical loveliness to end it

Today, I'd really like to introduce you to a fantastic band from Sheffield, called Heart Shakes. The guys contacted me and asked if I'd give their stuff a little play on the gramaphone and I did so eagerly.

First of all, here's the necessary links to their necessaries:

heart-shakes.bandcamp.com/

and their soundcloud page:

soundcloud.com/heartshakes/canyon-1

The EP starts off with the excellent "Skeleton Keys". It's got a fantastic opening riff and the kind of bassline I love. It made me purr like a kitteh.

The tracks rattle along at a cracking pace, there's something just that little bit different about them all, but the thing that most appeals to me is their really great stacatto guitar sound. All their riffage is really chunky and their chord progressions are fantastic. There's a great "new" sound to them, but at the same time, lots of psychedelic influences in there too.

The final track "Canyon" is a pretty brilliant song. It's mellow, it's chilled out and it's got a great vibe to it - it was perfect to listen to this afternoon and a great way to end the collection.

I've really thoroughly enjoyed my introduction to this brilliant band and really hope to hear more from them very soon. That's an invitation to write more songs, lads.

You can also find the band on Facefuck here:

facebook.com/HeartShakesUK

and on The Twitters here:

twitter.com/HeartShakes_

Go forth and listen, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment