Sunday 12 October 2014

Jon Byrne - The Bitch And Her Greed



Yeah. I'm back. Back and badder than a bad thing that went to Bad University and graduated with a First Class Honours degree in Bad. Read me and weep. Weep for my badness and realise you'll never, ever be as bad as me, even if you try and copy. So ner.

Now then, for this second offering today, I'm going in a totally opposite direction to the previous post and kind of semi slowing things down a little.

I'd really like to introduce you to the wonderful, wonderful sound of Jon Byrne. Eye candy with proper talent. Something for everyone. Just what we all need.

First of all, some necessaries - here's Jon's website:

jonbyrne.co.uk/

...so you can go and familiarise yourselves with his work so far, his blog and his all round genuinely lovely awesomeoness.

Now here's the link to his new single "The Bitch And Her Greed"

soundcloud.com/jonbyrneraretracks/the-bitch-and-her-greed

Before we go any further, I'd just like to thank Jon for taking the time and trouble to write my life story and turn it into a song...wait...what...what...you mean it isn't about me? Oh...must try harder next time.

Anyway, what can I tell you about it. Well, it's great. Yeah! Seriously, this is another kind of departure for the blog as it's probably one of the first times I've ever featured a more blues inspired artist and not before time either. Jon's style is superb, it's witty, it's laid back yet very caustic and his lyrics go straight for the jugular. "The Bitch And Her Greed" is a cracking little number, one of those songs that you need to hear only once or twice till it sticks with you. A genuine delight to listen to and someone who really does deserve to be heard, not only for the great music, but for his clever, urbane lyrics.

If you like a departure from indie, or really heavy guitar based bands - and want someone fresh and inventive to listen to then give Jon Byrne some serious time. "The Bitch And Her Greed" should become an instant classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment