Sunday 12 October 2014

The Black Delta Movement - The Trip

The Trip - Single, The Black Delta Movement

Happy Sunday everybody - and I hope today finds you all well and dandy. I love the way the light catches your hair, by the way. It really takes my mind off your bleary, red eyes.

What can I offer you for this lazy weekend afternoon?

Well, something pretty totes amazeballs, as I believe the youth of today say.

The Black Delta Movement. Oh yes. Just the name was enough to get me running to listen to them and I wasn't disappointed. They've got a new single out called "The Trip", which is a cover of the 1965 Kim Fowley classic - which, I'm reliably informed is a song he wrote after a pleasant sojourn to Llandudno one weekend, to take in the sea air, drink tea and eat scones*

It's probably not a particularly obvious choice for a cover, which is a good thing - I like bands that swerve away in directions you don't expect and their interpretation is a really good, solid one, that manages to instill the vibe of the original, but at the same time allows the band's own strengths and character shine through. The Black Delta Movement describe themselves as a heavy garage rock and roll outfit and that's certainly true of this, though this cover does have many psychedelic elements to it.

You can watch/listen to the new single here:


...and, if you love what you hear (and I hope you jolly well do, you ungrateful bunch of scrotes...) then you can then spend some of your hard earned pennies on buying the single from here:

itunes.apple.com/gb/album/the-trip-single/id923791455

Check out their previous releases too, especially last year's "Ghost Dance" EP, very very much worth a listen/purchase if your funds can run to it.

You might not have heard them here first, but you should make The Black Delta Movement's new single an essential part of your autumn playlist.

(*this may possibly be a lie)

No comments:

Post a Comment