Wednesday 25 March 2015

Richard Lomax & The Tontine - Down There For Dancing

Down There For Dancing cover art

Howdy bitches. What is this skullduggery? It's Wednesday and yet, here I am, posting a blog like some out of control, mad as a biscuit wench - drunk on weak herbal tea and a lack of power. Actually, the last bit isn't strictly true as I've just been to the corner shop to top my electric meter up, so I've plenty power thank-you-very-much.

What can I offer you today?

Well, I can offer you something jolly brilliant, cheers for asking.

Today, I'd really like to introduce my readership of at least one person (Hiya Mum!!) to the very wonderful Richard Lomax.

Say hello to Richard everyone.

First of all, here are the necessaries - the link to his bandcamp site and the album I'm about to review for you:

richardlomax.bandcamp.com/album/down-there-for-dancing

You can "like" him on The Facebookz:

facebook.com/lomaxmusic

And you can follow him on The Twitterz

twitter.com/LomaxRichard

Finally, here is his The Websitez

richardlomaxmusic.com/

Here endeth the linkage.

I'd urge you to buy the album. I'd strongly urge it. I'd demand it, but I know that would be awfully forward of me. But seriously, this is a brilliant collection of songs. It opens with the slightly-slow-burning, but shiny and excellent "Glamour" and continues apace. One of my favourite tracks on the entire albumen is "Set Me Free" which has a super super bit of riffage in it, is brilliantly paced and catchy and had me dancing round the flat like a woman possessed (only the second time in my entire life that's happened - the first time was after a glass of Um Bongo at the school disco when I was 6).

Other stand out tracks are the wonderfully titled "Every Fucker Fucks You (so why not fuck them first?)" which has a cracking downbeat, morose quality to it and the final track on the album "Wellness" a gentle and lulling way to end proceedings - it has a quietly aching charm to it.

Earlier on this week I reviewed the new Thomas Truax album, if you're keen on him, you'll LOVE Richard Lomax. Clearly I'm developing a penchant for artistes who end their names with an "X".

So, in short, please do yourself a favour and get this record - give Richard your support. It's a lovely album and I'm really looking forward to featuring him a lot more on these pages in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment